What Are My Options?
There are many ways to build your family, through international adoption, domestic adoption, by using an agency or an attorney, adopting an infant or an older child, or pursuing surrogacy or a different form of third-party reproduction. Here's how to start narrowing the possibilities to find the perfect path for you.
Adoption: the Basics
- Adoption Options
A brief rundown of the various options and their costs, benefits, and risks.
- Domestic or International: Choosing an Adoption Route
A closer look at the biggest adoption decision most families make: whether to adopt from the U.S. or abroad.
- Special Circumstances Will your age, sexual orientation, marital status, or physical health impact your ability to adopt? Find out here.
- How We Decided
Parents share how they chose their adoption path.
- Decision Matrix A chart of questions and answers to help you choose your adoption route.
Surrogacy and Medical Options
- New Paths to Parenthood
A look at the assisted reproduction options more families are choosing
- Ask the Adoption Law Expert: Assisted Reproductive Technologies
A legal overview of third-party reproduction
Domestic Newborn Adoption
- U.S. Newborn Adoption Overview
Our complete guide to adopting a newborn baby
- Perception and Reality: The Untold Story of Domestic Adoption
The truth behind common myths about adopting an infant in the U.S.
- Understanding Open Adoption
A look at open adoption today
- International Adoption Overview
Up-to-date adoption statistics, by country of origin
- China adoption
- Ethiopia adoption
- Russia adoption
- South Korea adoption
- Ukraine adoption
- Taiwan adoption
- India adoption
- Colombia adoption
- Philippines adoption
- Kazakhstan adoption
- Haiti adoption
- Ghana adoption
- Uganda adoption
- Thailand adoption
- Poland adoption
- Bulgaria adoption
- Hong Kong adoption