Latvia Fast Facts:
- 2011 adoptions: 56 children
- Hague Accredited: Yes
- Estimated Total Cost: $25,000 to $30,000
- Profile of Children: 88% of children are age five or older (2010). Most children available are special needs.
- Parent Ages: Adoptive parents must be at least 25 years old and 18 years older than the child.
- Family Status: Married couples and singles may adopt.
- Travel: Both parents must travel to appear in court.
- Timeline: One year to four years.
Latvia Adoption Directory
Find an adoption agency placing children from Latvia in your state:
Parents adopting from abroad must work with an agency approved by the Latvian government and be prepared to adopt a sibling group, a child nine years or older, or a child with extensive medical needs. Two reports are required in the two years following the adoption.
For more information, visit www.adoption.state.gov. View photos and get parent-to-parent advice in our online community, www.adoptivefamilies
Helpful Web Resources for Latvia Adopters